Åsa Wallin studies the distance learning program to become an emergency nurse while she works and has small children and horses to take care of. It is a year of hard work, but the possibility of flexible study makes it work really good.
For Åsa Wallin was the security of having a specialist education which meant that she was trying to ambulance nurse at Luleå University of Technology. For eleven years she has worked as a nurse in the ambulance, not specializing.
- In big cities it is a requirement that at least one in each car must have the training and the future seemed like a good investment. Would I want to move or if the rules change, I have already the necessary training.
She knew it would be a tough year, but the flexible spacer studies made it possible for her to look after studying from home whilst real life rolled on. Quiet nights at work she devotes to the studying and the ability to add their own schedule at work so that she can handle kiss country.
- Since I work as a nurse in the ambulance, I have some free because I know how business works. Also, apply what I learn in training directly in the workplace. The training requires much time and I probably would not be able to work at the same time if I chose a course which was totally new to me, says Asa.
The program reads the two courses in parallel and the data is large and requires much time. Several times a week keep classmates in touch by phone and Facebook. Three times each term is the mandatory meetings at LTU and now that she has gotten to know their fellow students and teachers, she thinks that it is only fun to go to university. Students live together in hostels and support each other with studying.
- All are in the same seat and enjoy it quite a hassle with all the pressure. Then it's nice to meet and know the Community.
She also knows an incredible support from teachers and course coordinators to manage their studies under the conditions she has. Last winter, she experienced an incident that led to her feeling bad and then the funding was particularly important.
- Even during the clinical education I received much blocking and was able to customize it so it suited me. It feels very good to the flexibility available.
Will a different understanding
Although Asa worked in the industry for many years, she thinks that studies to provide new knowledge and that she has a different understanding of different situations that may arise.
- In this profession is one day not like any other. I would not want a career change, this is the best I have done.