Sandra Lindqvist can not hide her enthusiasm when she talks about one of her favorite topics: physics. - It was such a cool feeling when I realized that everything in nature is controlled by physics!
Sandra Lindqvist is studying for an MSc in engineering physics and electrical engineering. As the name suggests, it is all about math and physics.
– Absolutely. But unlike in high school we tie the math and physics together and can apply that knowledge in real life.
Sandra Lindqvist suspects that the math and the physics, might scare off a few students, particularly girls.
– I think it's really important that more women dare to try this kind of education. You don't have to know everything in the beginning, life is all about learning.
Why did you choose to study at LTU?
– The snow and the winter attracted me, I wanted to experience something new and did not mind to travel far from home. And I got an instant welcoming feeling, nolleprioden* was spot on! says Sandra Lindqvist.
– I think the campus contributes to a certain feeling. You never feel alone and it is easy to make new friends.
The transition from high school to university was large, but positive, says Sandra Lindqvist. Moving away from home, taking responsibility and begin to study is a good way of approaching adulthood.
– You learn so much. The work at university are more independent than in high school, you decide how you set up your studies.
What is the most important thing you've learned so far?
– That it is okay to fail! I got my first re-exam in the second year and thought it was a disaster. But then I realized that it is not, you don't have to be the best all the time. It is an important lesson that I carry with me all the time.
What would you like to work with in the future?
– I want to work with energy and environmental issues and find sustainable solutions to everyday problems. For example, I have heard of a company that builds self-sufficient neighborhoods – something like that would be cool to work with.
*Nolleperioden. Two weeks of voluntary introduction for the new program students. The aim is that the new students get accustomed to campus life, get to know each other and have fun together. The activities are planned and implemented by the so-called Phösare (students from higher grades).
Name: Sandra Lindqvist
Studies: fourth year of engineering physics and electrical engineering