Research and postgraduate studies
Research at Luleå University of Technology is for the most part applied research and is conducted in close collaboration with international and national companies.
The research has a turnover of over EUR 80 million and covers 69 research subjects.
Faculty of engineering
53 research subjects
Faculty of arts and social sciences
16 research subjects
- Customer-oriented construction engineeing
- Materials engineering
- Mining engineering and metallurgy
- Process IT
- Product development
- Sustainable use of resources
- Attractive built environment
- Effective innovation and organization
- Future mining
- Renewable energy
- Innovative art and technology
- Sustainable transports
- Intelligent industrial processes
- Enabling ICT
- Smart machines and materials
590 doctoral students. 33% women and 67% men.
57 Doctor’s degrees and 72 Licentiate degrees conferred.
All figures are for year 2012