Percussion and trumpets began this fall's 40th anniversary at Luleå University of Technology. The opening ceremony was the prelude to a series of activities planned during the autumn celebration.
- After another year of positive financial result the university initiates a strategic investment for the future by including new programmes, innovation, better classrooms and labs.
- Luleå University of Technology matches all-time high in recruitment. In connection to the fall semester 2011, 3236 students have applied courses at Luleå University of Technology as their first choice, which is almost 5% more than before the fall of 2010. The number of applicants to the engineering program has increased by 14%
- There is a huge demand for trained engineers from the Civil Engineering programme at Luleå University of Technology, both in Sweden and abroad. Already four months before examination many received several bids from employers.
- The University is given graduate permission of Higher Education for all eleven subjects in secondary teacher education and award degrees to five substances on the subject teacher level, grades 7-9.
- A new national center of excellence, CIIR (Center for Interorganisational Innovation Research) has started at the University and will conduct research on entrepreneurial innovation.