Yesterday HSV presented the results from the evaluation of all political science educations in Sweden. In the tough evaluation was LTU's bachelor's and master's degree graded with high quality.
The evaluation is based on C and D essays in the field of political science. The overall review was high, but on many criteria LTU achieved very high quality.
– Based on this we have the best political science education in the north, says lecturer Annica Sandström.
– We have focused on improving our education over many years and now we see the results of this work, says associate professor Carina Lundmark.
If you want to study political science at LTU you can do so through separate courses or through the programme in politics and society. It will also include an internship.
– The internship is very appreciated by the students, says Carina Lundmark.
The education in political science has also a strong link to research. It gives a stamp of quality on the knowledge being taught.
– Many of those who teach are researchers as well, says lecturer Charlotta Söderberg.
The teachers have always strived to be available for questions, coaching and discussions.
– We have a close relationship with our students. They are always welcome, says Carina Lundmark.
– We are a small unit. It's easy to get to us and the doors are always open, says Maria Krantz.
Maria Krantz and Thomas Lind are former students in political science. Today, they work as lecturers on the subject. They both have positive experiences of studying at LTU.
– When the teachers think it is fun and can convey knowledge, then you get yourself involved and prepared to fight a little extra. It is probably of big importance for the good results of this evaluation, concludes Thomas Lind.