Very high quality. LTU's Master Programme in Information Security got the highest ranking possible when the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education, HSV, presented the results of their latest evaluation.
- This is very gratifying. We know that this industry grows rapidly and the industry needs this kind of education, says Johan Sterte, Vice-Chancellor of Luleå University of Technology.
The Programme in Information Security is relatively new at Luleå University of Technology, it started in 2007. Lars Furberg, lecturer, has been involved in the programme since the beginning.
– We're very pleased with the ranking, Very high quality, especially since we are newly established. But there's a lot of hard work put into it, we have worked hard to develop good routines and to find effective ways to handle exams and webcasts, says Lars Furberg.
Many of the students at the Master Programme in Information Security, takes the courses via web-based distance learning. Students come from all over the world and the programme is greatly influenced by its international character. Distance education means a lot of extra effort for both teachers and students.
– For us, it is important to make sure that both campus students and distance students are satisfied. Obviously, we have succeeded, says Lars Furberg.
What makes LTU's Master programme in Information Security special?
– We put technology and humanities together in a unique way. We believe that the subject is multidisciplinary, both the individuals and the computers are central, says Lars Furberg.
The rating result was also high for Bachelor Programme in Systems Sciences : High Quality.
– The evaluators have primarily looked at the students' thesis projects, says Harriet Nilsson, Faculty Programme Director.
– When it comes to the students thesis projects, we're good at guiding them with tutorials and seminars. But of course, the students also need a good basic knowledge, so what we do in other courses also makes a great difference.