Equipment for advanced research, education and demanding industrial contract work
- IPG YLR-15000 Fiber Laser: 15 kW (200 micron fiber)
- 3 Nd: YAG lasers: HAAS 3006D 3 kW, Lasag 250 W, Rofin Sinar 200 W (diode pumped, Q-switched, 2/4HG)
- 5 workstations: Motoman industrial robots, ESAB / Held 3223 Gantry Robot, 3 linear system (xyz)
- ESAB MIG / MAG power source
- Fronius CMT power source
- Sulzer Metco powder feed system,
- Prometec UFF 100 strålanalysinstrument
- Precitec Laser Welding Monitor, etc.
- Redlake, Photron high speed video cameras with Cavitar illumination laser
- FLIR high-speed thermal camera
- Fiber optics
- Servo Robotic Seam Tracking
● Analytical mathematical models for all laser processes
● FEA (thermal conductivity, stresses, flow (fluid flow): LS-DYNA, ANSYS, etc.
Access LTU materials laboratory (SEM, TEM, optical microscopy, hardness measurement, etc.)