The mentorship program aims to facilitate the transition from student life to working life. During a school year, the student gets an experienced, professional person to share their thoughts and reflections with. The mentorship also highlights the breadth of industries that exist in the region and gives the student an expanded network, which can contribute to more people staying after their studies.
We strive to try to match the students' needs and wishes with the mentor's experiences and knowledge.
- Areas we are primarily looking for mentors in are people with experience and competence in graphic design and engineers with a focus on architecture, house construction, community building, urban planning and construction, says Susanne Sundström project manager Mentorship program at Luleå University of Technology.
The next round starts in September 2021 and runs until May 2022.
Why should you become a mentor?
- In his role as a mentor, you get the opportunity to share your experiences and knowledge and help another person to develop.
- You get the opportunity to network with both students and mentors in the joint mentoring meetings.
- You get an insight into what is happening at Luleå University and how the programs look.
- You get a great opportunity for recruitment to their own company.
- You get a chance to reflect on your own goals and aspirations, through mutual discussions on personal and professional development.
What is expected of you as a mentor?
- You are expected to meet with your mentee at 6 times during the program and happy to participate in the joint meetings.
- You encourage, support and act as a sounding board for your mentee. You are not expected to have all the answers, but you can help your mentee to see their situation from several angles.
If you have questions about the program's layout or other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.