Questions you should ask yourself
… during the interview:
- What does this job entail? Do I want to work with this? Will I be happy with my duties?
- What skills do I need to do this job in the best way? Do my skills meet these requirements?
- Is this an environment I would enjoy working in? Does this work place share my values?
- How can I show the employer what is unique about me so that they will hire me and not any of the other hundred people who applied for the job?
- If they want to hire me, will they provide a salary I find satisfactory?
… at the end of the interview:
- Ask how they will proceed with recruitment process and when you can expect them to get in touch with you again.
- Thank them for inviting you to the interview and tell them again that you are very interested in the job.
If they return with a negative reply, it does not mean that the interview did not go well. It just means that someone else might have more experience or contacts in their company. Be polite when they contact you and remember to tell them that you are still interested in the company and ask that they keep you in mind for future recruitments.