The purpose of adventure education
Adventure pedagogy is one way of looking at education and development from a holistic perspective, where knowledge of important issues and topics with the integrated health management, in a way that engages the whole person. The aim is to offer an exciting approach that ...
- knowledge and the health of the heart,
- creates opportunities to learn in a way that is meaningful and that creates a lot of commitment,
- deals with existential issues and questions that are important to children and young people of today,
- uses the outdoor environment and nature as an arena for experiences and learning.
Adventure methodology to provide knowledge ....
in different knowledge areas / subjects,
- how I work and work very well in a group,
- about how I function in new situations and in a group,
- about how I learn (meta-learning).
... And development of health from a broad perspective:
- Movement and physical activity - physical health
- Outdoor access - physical health
- Self-esteem is strengthened - Mental Health
- Peer relationships strengthened - Psychosocial Health
- Class cohesion is strengthened - Social Health