Skip to content


Medical Insurance - non EU/EEA citizens

Non EU/EEA students required to pay tuition fees are covered by the Swedish State Insurance for foreign students in Sweden, FAS+ Please contact Maria Vyatkina for further information.

If you do not pay tuition fees you’ll have to arrange with a medical insurance from your home country. 

Erasmus-Mundus students
Erasmus Mundus scholars have got a medical insurance included in the scholarship. Please, contact the coordinating university for more information.
Students without Erasmus Mundus scholarship have to arrange with the medical insurance themselves.

Medical insurance - EU/EEA citizens

The main principle of the EU agreement is that a citizen of any EU country will get same benefits from the social security system as the citizens of the EU country where he or she is studying. Students must have an European Social Insurance card with them from their own local Social Security Office in order to be covered by the scheme.

Property insurance

Upon arrival it is also recommended that you get a property insurance that covers costs if you for example, cause any damage to other people’s property or in your accommodation.

FAS+, eligble for fee paying students, includes property cover.