- It feels surprising and fun! Being awarded a scholarship feels incredibly luxurious and it is warming to be seen and heard, and in the long run rewarded for the work I'm putting in, says Mathias Lundkvist.
Time to nourish the gifts
Mathias Lundkvist studies the final year of the Master Programme in Music Performance where he specializes in his instrument. With just one semester left on the education, he stated that the decision to study the artistic master at the university was the right choice for him.
- I felt and feel that a Bachelor was not enough for me. So I extended my study time with 2 years. The Bachelor gave me the time to set my musical seeds. The master gave me time to nourish the gifts that came from the harvest.
The prize money is 20,000 kronor, what will you do with the money?
- I want to get some quality of life that I have not been able to have for many, many years.
What is the most fun with your education?
- Yes ... to play flute of course! And that in harmony with other high-caliber musicians is a pleasure of the highest level for me.
How is it studying at the Schoolof Music at Luleå University of Technology?
- The time I have had at the school of music in Piteå has been the best time in my life. There are so incredible teachers and resources available here, which I find seem to be hidden from the outside world. I feel lucky to study here.
Do you have any tips for those who want to study the master's program in music at Luleå University of Technology?
- Yes I have. Have your own driving power, your love for the music.It is up to you to deliver based on your own driving force.