Hello Tim! In what courses do the students meet you?
– I generally teach the same courses each year: International Business Environment, International Marketing, and Branding You. From time-to-time I step in and help out with other marketing courses.
How are you as a teacher?
– Overall, I think I am a positive, energetic, demanding, fair-minded teacher who has high expectations of his students and of himself.
Why is teaching so fun?
– Teaching means learning again, as Aristotle once said. I get paid to learn. The energy, intelligence, and creativity of my students is the best part of my job. I love Sunday evening; because it means Monday morning I get to come to Luleå university of Technology and work. I also have some of the best colleagues in the world.
What do you want the students to learn to from your courses?
– I want them to walk away with a deeper understanding and appreciation for what we cover in class, in lectures or textbooks. I also want them to improve themselves and become more confident. It’s about practicing and developing their people, communication and presentation skills, analytical skills, strategic talents and to open up the right side of their brain where creativity lies. I want them to discover things about themselves they never knew, or if they did, they found a way to improve it.
Why should a prospective student choose to study International Business Administration at Luleå University of Technology?
– I tell all of my students to learn to understand, appreciate and embrace differences of cultures. I think this makes them a better, stronger, less ignorant global citizen. We are preparing students whose career opportunities reach out to every corner of this planet we call home, and in every type of industry, both in the private and public sectors. Our alumni work in many countries on nearly every continent.
Anything else you want to say?
– Yes. Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching.