Wasim blogs about his life in Luleå
Wasim Subhan Choudhury moved all the way from Bangladesh to Luleå to study the master's program in international business at Luleå University of Technology.
– I'm glad I chose Luleå, he says.
What made you choose the program?
– I worked as a consultant for several international companies in past. I also taught in a collage and conducted training sessions for corporate houses. At this point of my career, I thought I need more exposure and understanding on concepts and practices of international business and management. I looked at the curriculum of this program and found a solid parity with my interests in management control systems, internationalization of companies, branding and marketing. I did not hesitate to apply for it.
What do you think about the program?
– We had four courses in the first semester, specializing in international business and marketing. I found all courses very informative. I learnt things both individually and as a group member. I am looking forward to the second semester.
What are you doing now in the education?
– I am now in the first semester. In quarter one, I took Marketing Management, Global Marketing Strategy and in quarter 2, I took Global Financial Management, Market Research for Business Decisions.
What attracted you here to Luleå?
– What attracted me most was the content of the program. And then I like meeting new people, understanding different cultures and exploring new places. I wanted to learn both inside the classroom and outside the classroom. I thought Luleå would be a great choice. I was right! And then I am a coffee person! I am glad I chose Luleå.
What’s the best thing about being a student at Luleå University of Technology?
– Best thing about being a student at Luleå University of Technology is that I get to have a whole new perspective on international business. We have students from all around the world in our program. The class discussions are giving me new insights. I am not only learning about European companies and their way of operating business but also about African and Latin companies.
– I find the university very welcoming to international students. There were several programs in the arrival week. The students’ clubs are very active and always ready to assist new students. They arrange tours and trips. University admission office is very active. They make the transition easy for international students.
What's the best thing about living in Luleå?
– The nature! And the snow.
What do you do in your spare time?
– I explore Luleå and its surroundings in spare time. I have been to the Norbotton Theater, south harbor, Gamlastad. I watched several basketball games already and became fan of the local team. I also watched several musical shows at the Kulturens Hus.
What is your blog about?
– My blog is about me and my family members’ experience in Luleå and LTU. I write what I observe, what I go through and how we are adopting to the new way of life.
Why did you start the blog?
– I had a tendency or writing blogs for online platforms and articles for newspapers. After coming to Luleå, I thought I should write down my experience which will work as kind of documentation for me in later part of my life and may turn out to be helpful for other international students coming to Luleå.
How many followers do you have?
– Not many I think. On average, about 100 people read my posts.