Frida, you work as a freelance set designer and has been responsible for the set design to the Eurovision Song Contest in 2013 and 2016, as well as the Eurovision Song Contest the past four years. Would you tell us a little about your work?
– I work as a freelance set designer in my own company called Frida Arvidsson AB. I design decoration to now mainly television and exhibitions. Has also made decor for theater, feature films, musicals, commercial and illustration assignments.
There are several things that are really good with my job. Getting develop ideas together with producers, studios, designers, producers, image and lighting is fantastic. When all the help I learn new things every day. Love to discuss and test different image, construction solutions, materials and light.
What was it that made you get the mission you get today?
– Right now I have several jobs running. They have been recommended to me by previous work contacts. It is essentially as it happened, or has anyone seen something I did as they liked and got in.
Was the best with your studies / studies?
– The training here has such a good reputation that students have a great advantage when it comes to seeking internships, it opens up opportunities that otherwise would have been completely impossible. It is something I have been very useful in my career.
Do you have any advice for students who are going out to work?
– Find your language to convey your vision. It can be verbal sketches, digital 3D models, drawings, scale models, mood boards, or collages. Gladly everything of course, but the practice of visualizing ideas and find your best way to do it. Train.
The more direct communication, the easier it will be to get feedback and to achieve goals.
-All Job is important. Take the jobs that come and lay down the time on them. Even small seemingly insignificant job, you can learn the necessary things and you always have the opportunity to find fun people to work with going forward. All of hours spent on sensible things has again later. So try to see the whole picture and prioritize so you do not get stuck in the details. The latter I know all about unfortunately.
What is the future for you and your business?
– Let's see what happens. It is the most exciting and fun. Now I work on with my current project. Keeps on looking at a long job ahead, but it is not clear yet.