The University seeks applicants who demonstrate awareness, introspection and self-sufficiency in their artistry in addition to high-level musical competence. It is thus of particular distinction if the applicant can indicate in the application a potential topic for the degree project, which is a central aspect of the programme. Since there is no set model for the degree project, it is advantageous if the applicant is particularly passionate about a specific topic and has an awareness of both the subject to be explored, as well as the goals to be achieved.
Your application in two steps
1. Apply at universityadmissions.se
2. Send us your portfolio
The applicant shall no later than February 15th send the following to: Luleå tekniska universitet i Piteå, Box 744, 941 28 Piteå Mark the envelope with “Master Composition”
- Scores for three original compositions.
- Recordings (live or synthetic representations) of these compositions.
- A short (one page) reflection on these pieces and their source of inspiration.
- A short (one page) description of the applicant’s musical background, potential specialisation requests, future plans and other relevant subjects which the applicant wishes to present.
No admissions tests will take place at the School of Music in Piteå. An interview via Skype may be required later in the admissions process.