– Of course, I'm extremely happy and proud, because I know the others who applied for the scholarship and are well aware of their qualities as conductors. In addition, there were a number of well-known members of the jury that I have great respect for. So to be appointed the scholarship of these conductors in good competition feels very good, says Niclas Blixt and continues.
– I hope, of course, that the theatres take notice and it would be fun if I could get more qualified assignments than I have today.
Greatest happiness you can feel
Besides the studies, Niclas Blixt is employed as a conductor. The decision to invest his time on music and caonducting was taken at a young age. What it is that attracts Niclas, is clear.
– The orchestra is the world's largest instrument and "playing "on this instrument is the greatest happiness you can feel. All musicians should feel the sense of happiness feeling how energy flows between conductor and musician in the orchestra.
Want to find new tools
He wanted to study the master's education in music with the hope of finding new tools and a renewed artistry.
– Today I am a professional conductor and belong to the little click that can survive on my practice, and I studied the first time over twenty years ago. The straight answer is that I was tired of myself and wanted to renew myself, get new tools to work with. And get feedback on the bad and good habits I developed over the years.
What will you do for the prize money of SEK 30,000?
- Six months ago, I received an invitation to go next to the chapel masters of Wiener Staatsoper. So that's exactly what I'm going to do, go to Vienna and continue studying.
What is the most fun with your education?
- Experience that you develop - and that it happens relatively quickly.
How is studying at the University of Music at Luleå University of Technology?
– The Music School is an excellent school that stand very well in competition with the rest of Sweden. The geographical situation is both good and bad, but the positive aspects outweights the negatives - one gets time for reflection and an opportunity to develop in peace and quiet.
Do you have any tips for anyone who wants to study the master's program in music?
– The most important thing is to have a good ensemble, a choir or orchestra, to work with regularly. It's hard to get the practice that conductors need at school, although Norrbotten Neo, the Master Choir and the Norrlandsoperans Symphony Orchestra are excellent ensembles, the total internship time is not enough to develop fully.