- It feels incredibly fun! It was the first time I applied for a scholarship. I feel proud and grateful, says Emma Stjernberg and continues.
- The scholarship is a great reward for the work I have put in over the years. I am even more inspired to continue to work hard to develop myself in music.
Emma Stjernberg is fascinated by the routing and the communication with her hands.
- For me it's something beautiful. You really create a language with your hands and body. Over the years all the different aspects of routing, particularly the leadership role as conductor, have interested me the most. It's an incredible awesome mix of getting to be a musician, educator and motivator in the same role.
Emma Stjernberg says she does not know exactly how the prize sum of SEK 40 000 is to be used but it is a welcome addition to the continued development of the art form. The years at the School of Music at Luleå University of Technology, she describes in positive terms.
- It's always fun to come to school in Piteå. I have enjoyed very good times during the semesters. It's a welcoming atmosphere, says Emma and emphasizes the role of teachers in education quality.
- It feels very favorably to join this training and take note of all the knowledge and experience that teachers possess. They are incredibly professional and put great time and care about their students. For me also the master of education arrangement with overall master weeks fit well, so I've been able to combine study with work.
Do you have any advice for prospective students?
- Actually, no more than to congratulate them for an exciting trip. It's so much fun things you get to experience during the studies so just take advantage of it and enjoy to be in a music university environment.