The mentorship program aims at facilitating the transition from academy to business, giving the student an expanded network that can serve as a door opener in terms of exams / papers and employment and, above all, lead to personal development that creates the conditions for the student to make conscious choices in his future career.
The next round will start in September 2019 and will last until May 2020.
In addition to individual meetings between the adept and mentor, the program includes joint meetings with lectures, workshops and networking opportunities.
We strive to match the needs and wishes of the mentors with the mentor's experience and knowledge.
Why should you become a mentor?
- In his role as a mentor, you get the opportunity to share your experiences and knowledge and help another person to develop.
- You get the opportunity to network with both students and mentors in the joint mentoring meetings.
- You get an insight into what is happening at Luleå University and how the programs look.
- You get a great opportunity for recruitment to their own company.
- You get a chance to reflect on your own goals and aspirations, through mutual discussions on personal and professional development.
What is expected of you as a mentor?
- You are expected to meet with your mentee at 6 times during the program and happy to participate in the joint meetings.
- You encourage, support and act as a sounding board for your mentee. You are not expected to have all the answers, but you can help your mentee to see their situation from several angles.
If you have questions about the program's layout or other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.