Call for papers/abstracts
Publicerad: 16 maj 2019
The conference welcomes investigations across a wide range of disciplines, including, but not limited to, musicology, ethnomusicology, sociology, anthropology, diaspora and transnational studies, gender and queer studies, cultural, media and communication studies. We invite submissions on, but not limited to, the following themes:
- Streaming as mode of distribution: Streaming services, the music industry, and the political economy of streaming.
- Streaming as a cultural technique of power: Data mining, gendered streaming, racialized streaming, platform politics, marketing.
- Streaming as a mode of listening: Everyday streaming and mobile music.
- Stream/ström/strøm (Scandinavian for electricity): Electronic music and digital music; political ecology of streaming and the environmental aspects of electric power generation that enables streaming.
- Streams as movements: Genres, styles, histories, and aesthetic/political/cultural movements.
- Geographic streams: From waterways to demographic movements; music, space/place, environment, climate, migration and diaspora.
- Stream = the current: The contemporary in popular music/contemporary popular music.
The conference committee welcomes individual papers and proposals for panels and roundtable discussions.
Please use one of the following formats when submitting an abstract proposal:
- For individual 20-minute contributions: Abstracts of up to 300 words.
- For themed paper sessions or panel discussions: Up to 300 words per contribution plus 300 words outlining the rationale for the session.
- For sessions of up to 120 minutes in innovative formats such as work presentations, artist talks/readings, sound essays, composition workshops, and other presentations not covered by the usual format of academic papers: Up to 750 words outlining the form, content and rationale for the session.
- Please include a list of key terms, a biographical by-line of no more than 50 words, and specification of any AV-technology and/or other equipment needed.
Deadline for abstract submission 15th December, 2019
Letters of acceptance will be sent latest by 31st January, 2020
Send your abstract here: email@example.com
Publicerad:16 maj 2019
Uppdaterad: 6 december 2019