In case of fire or other emergency call 112
Remember that information on:
- What has happened?
- Where was it needed help?
- Who are you calling?
Event of injury / illness:
- Injury or condition?
- Unconscious / clamped?
- Indoor / outdoor?
- Who is concerned? Name, gender and age?
In case of fire:
- Rescue those who are in immediate danger.
- Warn neighbors of the fire or other emergency event occurred. Screaming and attempts enlist the help of others. Give orders and assign tasks.
- Alert by pressing the alarm button to the automatic fire alarm. Call 112 and answer the operator's questions. Answering these quesions does not delay the alarm. While the operator askes you questions another operator listens in on your conversation and sends the alarm to emergency services for timely help.
- Extinguish, if possible. All fires are small at first. Make an ettempt to extinguish if you have the equipment. Move closer to the fire in a low position and spray on the base of the fire. If you can not extinguish or lack equipment, then close the door to the area that is burning so that smoke does not spread. Meet the rescue services and show the way.
- Evacuate the premises when the fire alarm sounds. Always take the safest and fastest way out of the building and then go to the assembly area.
- Remember: Down under the smoke - Close all doors