The latest information
Region Västerbotten is extending its local restrictions until 17 April. Among other things, travel within and outside the region should be avoided. You should also wear mouth guards in public transport and also indoors if you can not avoid contact with people outside your immediate circle.
As the infection situation for covid-19 is currently uncertain, everyone is urged to continue to be restrictive and follow the Public Health Agency of Sweden´s general regulations and general guidelines.
Vice-Chancellor´s decision Spring 2021
Teaching during the spring semester 2021 shall primarily be carried out digitally or through other teaching forms that do not involve physical presence on campus, provided that reasonable requirements for quality can be met. Each institution assesses which measures are necessary to carry out . They must be planned based on current restrictions due to the prevailing pandemic.
- Exam is carried out digitally or in other forms, which do not involve physical presence at the university.
- It is important that students receive information in good time regarding both teaching and examination methods, in order to enable good study planning.
- Deviations from course and education plans are allowed during Spring 2021 due to theongoing pandemic, decisions are made by the main education leader.
- The decision is valid from 25 January until 5 June 2021.
- Read more about how teaching rooms have been adapted
You who are a student: If possible, only stay in the university's premises for scheduled teaching or examination.The recommendation from university is also to have selfstudies at home and in small groups.
The University Library's opening hours can be found here.
About hand alcohol
Hand alcohol must be available in places where it is not possible to wash hands at the university.
The public health authority recommends hand washing in warm water for 20 seconds and hand alcohol where it is not possible to wash your hands. Read more under the heading Wash your hands often on the Swedish Public Health Agency's page .
- If possible, avoid having physical contact with people other than those you live with.
- If possible, try to study with those you usually study with
- The school premises may only be booked for study-related activities
- Digital meetings should be preferred over physical meetings
- Can you study at home, do it
- If you come to school, ensure physical distance
- Respect the custom furniture
- Note that the government has not put the university at a distance and that travel for studies is considered necessary travel. The planned hall exam has been discussed between the university's head of security and infection control Norrbotten, as well as risk assessed and measures taken.
"Refrain from parties and festivities"
- It is of utmost importance that all Norrbotten residents really think about staying home in case of symptoms, keeping their distance and being careful with hand hygiene. Refrain from parties and festivities and prefer to spend time with your own family, says Anders Nystedt, infection control doctor, on the site of Region Norrbotten .
Recommendations to avoid the spread of infection
- Important! Stay home if you are sick!
- All staff / students who show the slightest sign of a cold / respiratory symptom must stay at home, according to the Swedish Public Health Agency's information . Wait at least two days after recovering before going to work or school.
- Wash your hands often, avoid touching your face and eyes, and close contact with sick people.
- Anders Nystedt, infection control doctor at the Norrbotten Region, gives tips in covid-19 times in this film.
- If you have met anyone or anyone in the household who has been diagnosed with covid-19, read the Public Health Agency's information.
- The Norrbotten Region announces that people with cold symptoms can take a covid-19 test. Region Västerbotten also conducts tests.
- You who have a confirmed covid-19 infection should stay at home for at least seven days after you have fallen ill.You should also have been fever-free the last two days and clearly feel better, according to the Public Health Agency , see the heading How can we reduce the spread of infection.
- It is Region Norrbotten's infection tracing unit that initiates infection tracing and discussion about possible measures at workplaces and schools. At the Public Health Agency, you can read about how it goes to
Spring term 2021
- The teaching is carried out physically and digitally, according to the principal's decision. You as a student must be prepared for a mixed teaching with physical presence and distance learning.
If you are in year 1, the teaching can to some extent take place on the university's premises. Your teacher will inform you about what applies. This applies provided that no new decision is made.
- Classrooms and the university library have been adapted to follow the guidelines on precautionary measures, such as physical distancing and access to hand alcohol, as well as the possibility of hand washing. The university has also intensified cleaning, including wiping with disinfectants on contact surfaces.
- The size of the groups for, among other things, teaching and examination must be adapted with a physical distance of at least 1.5 meters. Classrooms and auditoriums are adapted to current recommendations, which means halving the number of seats. In large auditoriums, a third of the seats are used. Everyone has a responsibility to follow that recommendation. In all our places of education, there is information about covid-19 in public places and in classrooms.
- The university continues to urge everyone to take the precautions recommended by the Swedish Public Health Agency, good hand hygiene, stay home for cold symptoms, even mild symptoms, avoid touching your hands on your face, and keep your distance from others.
- Employees and students must be able to feel secure that Luleå University of Technology complies with the Swedish Public Health Agency's regulations and general advice. If a student or employee is very worried, they are encouraged to contact their course coordinator or immediate supervisor.
This applies to the exam
For International Master Students
Information for International Master Students in FAQ, the English version.
Information about teaching
- All students must be prepared for physical education.
- Students are recommended to monitor their LTU email and ltu.se. Log in to Ladok and check that your e-mail and telephone number are correct.
Recommendations from Luleå University of Technology
- Students are encouraged to stay generally informed via the Public Health Agency's website, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the 1177 Care Guide, as information and recommendations can be changed from day to day.
- Students who are abroad are recommended to access information on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website or app. The international office at Luleå University of Technology has contact with students who are abroad.
Be critical of sources and stay updated
Follow the information of the expert authorities and check information that is disseminated in the media and on social media and stay updated on this page.