We believe that the possibility for you to organise your own time will help us becoming a better university. Luleå University of Technology has two major working hours agreements:
Essentially for technical and administrative staff. Obligatory working hours between 09.00 and 15.00 with possibility to apply flexi-time around lunch and also before and after the obligatory working hours.
We would like you to rest during holiday so that you may return with perspective and energy.
Your annual holiday:
- 28 days until the year that you reach the age of 29.
- 31 days from the year that you reach the age of 30.
- 35 days from the year that you reach the age of 40.
You may take vacation from the start of your employment and you have paid vacation already from the first year.
Other kinds of leave
Leave of absence
Staff may be granted leave for many reasons, sometimes on full pay.
As an employee, you receive an complementing compensation during 330 days, which you take in accordance with the sickness benefit qualifying income (sjukpenninggrundande inkomst, SGI). Furthermore, you may also apply for working part-time until the end of the school year in which your child reaches the age of 12.
Care of sick child
We would like you to have the possibility to stay at home if your child is sick. If your salary is above the maximum income base amount, Luleå University of Technology complements the compensation that you receive from the Swedish Social Insurance Agency during ten days/year.
We would like your full potential to be recovered. That is why we try to initiate early rehabilitation activities and if you fall ill, we share the responsibility for your compensation with the Swedish Social Insurance Agency.
- Luleå University of Technology pays 80 % of your salary for day 2-14 in the period of sickness.
- The Swedish Social Insurance Agency pays your compensation from day 15 in the period of sickness.
- We complement the compensation that you receive from the Swedish Social Insurance Agency.
As an employee, you may be granted paid leave for:
- Visits to see a doctor
- Relative matters (serious case of sickness, death, funeral, estate inventory), maximum ten days/year.
- Moving (one day/year)
- Examination (five days/year)
Reduced working hours
Easter Eve, Whitsun Eve, Midsummer Eve, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve are all non-working days.