Education at first and second cycle level
Figures regarding students and studies at Luleå University of Technology.All figures are from 2016 Annual report.
Total number of enrolled students are 15 000
- MSc in engineering
3 400 students. 28% women and 72% men
- BSc in engineering
700 students. 15% women and 85% men
- Other study programmes in engineering
860 students. 31% women and 69% men
- Business administration, economics and social sciences
2 200 students. 54% women and 46% men
- Health sciences
1 480 students. 82% women and 18% men
- Teacher education
980 students. 81% women and 19% men
- Media, music and drama
670 students. 44% women and 56% men
- Single subject courses
4 390 students. 55% women and 45% men
- Approximately 2,500 students are pursuing their studies through distance education.
- Approximately 350 exchange students are included in the total amount of students.
- Approximately 900 students on advanced level, master programmes and specialist nursing programmes are included in the total amount of students.
Programmes and courses
All current programmes and courses at Luleå University of Technology are found in our course catalogue online.