He also wants to thank the research team for invaluable commitment
– The appointment is a door opener and facilitates when we communicate our message and our concept, says Ramin Karim, research leader and professor of operation and maintenance technology.
It started with AI Factory Railway, AIFR. Now the concept has also begun to be used for the mining industry, AI Factory Mining, which includes LKAB and Boliden.
– The idea is that AI Factory can be used in various industrial industries, says Ramin Karim.
In AIFR, large and small players in the railway industry have collaborated with each other and the research. The challenge is to plan the maintenance, so that sudden injuries and disturbances do not occur.
– We investigate which intervals are ultimate for maintenance. The purpose is to keep the timetables and that there will be no disruptions in train traffic, says Ramin Karim.
The goal is to support and stimulate digitization of various work processes in the industry by jointly sharing data and increasing the use of AI technology to achieve increased sustainability, reliability and capacity. The research team within AIF works with the development of a digital AI factory where data from the various stakeholders can be collected for fast processing, which provides answers to different types of questions.
The focus of IVA's 100 list 2021 is technical and economic sciences with a focus on sustainable preparedness for future crises. The research must be ready to be utilized within the foreseeable future and create value for Swedish business and society. The areas to which the research is to apply at this year's nomination include infrastructure and business development.
– It fits well with AIF. In the example AI factory Railway, we work closely with players in the railway industry and develop the work with maintenance of both vehicles and infrastructure. This includes collaboration between the actors, but also about developing a digital solution, the AI engine, which the participants can use. We will also develop a fair ground plan for digital transformation of industrial processes.
The fact that the AIF concept has now been included among the 100 research projects that IVA has designated as significant means that the conditions for collaborating with more industries are increasing.
– We are already discussing with more industry industries about this concept and several industries have expressed interest. We want to develop the concept with even more industries and this appointment means a lot, says Ramin Karim.
Now he also expects to recruit more researchers for the project.