"I´m so proud and very happy to be elected, and I look forward to contributing to IVA's work. It´s important that we become more members with connections to the northern part of Sweden, not least in the light of the new industrialization and the industry's green transition and its focus on north Sweden", Jenny Greberg says, Assosiate Professor in Mining and Rock Engineering at Luleå University of Technology.
Top names among this year's elected
Among this year´s fellows are Spotify’s Chief Research & Development Officer, Gustav Söderström; MIT professor Max Tegmark; President and CEO of Epiroc, Helene Hedblom; and Susanna Campbell, industrial advisor to Northvolt and Norrsken.
“The newly elected Fellows are prominent researchers, experts and decision-makers from academia and the private and public sectors. We are also increasing the number of Fellows who are active in the north of Sweden, which I’m delighted about given the rapid development taking place there now. The collective experience and expertise of the new Fellows will be a fantastic asset for us and for our mission to improve society,” Tuula Teri says, President of IVA.
Academy fellows from Luleå University of Technology:
- Jenny Greberg, Associate Professo of Mining and Rock Engineering, Division IVA, X: Mining and Materials Engineering, 2021
- Birgitta Bergvall-Kåreborn, Vice Chancellor at Luleå University of Technology, Department IVA XI Education and Research, 2020
- Charlotte Andersson, Associate Professor of Process Metallurgy, IVA Division V Mining and Materials Engineering, 2018
- Uday Kumar, Professor of Operation and Maintenance, IVA Division III Civil Engineering, 2015
- Kristina L Nilsson, Professor of Architecture, IVA Division III Civil Engineering, 2014
- Peter Collin, Professor of Structural Engineering, IVA Division III
- Lars Stehn, Professor of Construction Management and Building Technology, IVA Division VIII Forestry Technology, 2010
- Patrik Söderholm, Professor of Economics, IVA Division IX Economics, 2009
- Pär Weihed, Professor of Ore Geology, IVA Division V Mining and Materials Engineering, 2007
- Erik Höglund, Professor of Machine Elements, IVA Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2002
- Lennart Elfgren, Professor of Structural Engineering, IVA Division III Civil Engineering, 2001
- Marian Radetzki, Professor of Economics, IVA Division IX Economics, 1998
- Anders Grönlund, Professor in Wood Science and Engineering, IVA Division VIII Forestry Technology, 1995
- Eric Forssberg, Professor in, IVA Division V Mining and Materials Engineering, 1994
- Dattatray Parasnis, Professor in, IVA Division XIII Foreign Member, 1976