About the course
You learn to create programs, troubleshoot, read and improve existing code and give you the opportunity to increase your knowledge of basic concepts and building blocks in programming in the visual environment.
You will learn:
- create simpler programs in visual environment
- read, understand, troubleshoot, test and improve simpler programs
- design algorithms to solve problems
- use programming to control physical or virtual structures or objects
- identify elements and content in relevant course and subject plans where programming is a useful tool
- have an understanding of how programming can be introduced to students.
The course contains three different parts:
Introduction to programming linked to teaching. The importance of programming for society. Ethical perspectives on programming.
To create programs in a visual environment. Basic concepts and building blocks in programming, including sequence, options, conditions, repetition and variables. Introduction to functions. How algorithms can be created, tested and improved to solve problems. Read, understand, troubleshoot, test and improve existing programs. To develop own constructions, both with and without control of objects, where you apply programming.
Didactic strategies and tools linked to teaching about, through programming, with connection to relevant research.
The course is conducted remotely at quarter speed. The teaching consists of lectures, practical exercises, workshops and laboratory work.