About the course
Lean production consists of a set of principles and methods, which are included in the business' systems and processes. These can be traced to a special business philosophy and strategy that encompasses the entire organization's operations.
The course lays the foundation for continued broader and deeper studies of how the business is conducted at the new generation of world-leading companies with a Lean business strategy.
The basic course covers the following themes:
- Strategies and principles for Lean production
- Stable processes and standardized working methods
- Design of value flows
- Pulling and pressing production systems
- Quality philosophy and quality methodology
- Teamwork, commitment and participation
- Management system with PDCA methodology
- Corporate collaboration along value flows
- Transformation into a Lean corporate culture
The course is conducted in collaboration with Chalmers Professional Education.