About the course
The course is designed to use the “learn by doing” pedagogy method. There will not be traditional classes, instead there will be curated learning materials shared beforehand, such as videos, reading articles. There will also be videos that show how to program PLC’s using small read world examples. As part of student work, you will complete 1 quiz and 3 practical tasks, where you will program simple automation system by programming PLC’s. The course is completely online with optional weekly meetings (office hours) which you can attend to clarify doubts.
After completing the course, the participants/student shall be able to:
- Identify the challenges in design and development of software for industrial automation.
- Identify the role of software in industrial automation.
- Develop simple industrial automation control applications using structured text and ladder logic.
- Design a simple control software using state-machine based design and implement this design using structure text/Ladder logic.
- Motivate the need for adopting industry 4.0 as the future of industrial automation