About the course:
The course is conducted as a distance course over the Internet and does not contain mandatory meetings. Students' learning takes place through teacher-led lessons, laboratory work, self-study, individual assignments and group assignments. By working in groups during a larger part of the course, the student learns to collaborate and communicate independently of the place at a distance in project form. During the course, students communicate with classmates and teachers via email, video conferencing and an online learning platform. In this course, Canvas is used to post information, course materials and a video conferencing system for distance meetings.
The content of the course focuses on how a test activity should be planned, implemented and documented. As an introduction, areas such as: what a test is and why it is important to test IT systems, general guidelines and methods for testing are treated. The course also deals with different test phases, as well as different types of tests. After this introduction to the area, the course in test design and test cases deepens. The course focuses on the process of planning and conducting tests as well as on formulating recommendations for addressing the weaknesses identified.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe and exemplify the different parts of the test process
- Use and choose from different techniques to design test cases
- Describe roles, competencies and responsibilities linked to different test phases
- Identify and document priorities and risks
- Perform tests
- Document the different phases of the test process and its results (test plan, test case and test report)