About the course
The course explains why the manufacturing process looks like it does based on the properties of the raw material. Describes strategies and process steps to ensure the quality and properties of the sawn product.
You will learn:
- The relationship between the individual log's characteristics and the choice of posting as well as volume and value exchange, respectively.
- Sorting rules, design and criteria. What they are based on and how it is performed.
- The sawmill paradox, understand how a change in the requirements specification for a product affects the outcome of other products.
- Traceability, what does it mean?
- Methods for impregnation, modification and further processing.
The course comprises approximately a work effort of 40 hours. The course content is largely based on self-study and is divided into 5 modules, each of which is based on recorded lectures, literature, simple home labs and exercises, there is an online meeting at the end of each module.
The teacher is Benedikt Neyse's senior lecturer at the Department of Wood Technology at Luleå University of Technology.