About the course
The course aims to deepen the understanding of leadership and learning among active preschool teachers.
The objectives of the course are for you to learn:
- Describe, interpret and analyze the importance of the preschool teacher's leadership in relation to the preschool teacher's responsibility for teaching
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between the concepts of education, teaching and learning
- Describe, interpret and analyze the preschool teacher's responsibility for teaching
- Describe, interpret and analyze how different theories about learning and teaching affect the preschool teacher's teaching assignment
The course contains
- Preschool governing document
- Education, teaching and learning
- The preschool teacher's teaching responsibility (teaching, didactics, scientific basis)
- Learning theories and the theories' consequences for teaching
- Preschool teacher leadership
The course's two teachers Anna Öqvist and Sara Cervantes are university lecturers in pedagogy with a focus on preschool teacher education at Luleå University of Technology and have extensive experience of preschool as a field of activity.