About the course
The course gives you knowledge in programming in text-based environments to be able to work with programming in teaching.
You get to learn
- Create simpler programs in a text-based environment
- Read, understand, troubleshoot, test and improve simple programs
- Design algorithms to solve problems
- Identify elements and content in relevant course and subject plans where programming is a useful tool
- How programming can be introduced to students.
The course contains
General content: introduction to programming linked to teaching, the importance of programming for society and ethical perspectives on programming.
Programming content: creating programs in a text-based environment, basic concepts and building blocks in programming, introduction to functions, how algorithms can be created, tested and improved to solve problems, to use programming in problem solving, data processing or application based on elements in course and subject plans numerical methods.
Didactic content: didactic strategies and tools linked to teaching about, through programming, with connection to relevant research.
The teaching consists of lectures, practical exercises, workshops and laboratory work.