The degree project consists of an independently written essay that deals with issues within the subject area of environmental law with a scientific approach and a critical approach. The work must involve a subject-specific deepening in environmental and natural resource law. The work is presented both in writing and orally.
What does the client/company get?
The client receives an answer to the research question posed in the degree project. Examples of surveys:
- Who bears the responsibility for violations of conditions in permits when the permit is shared by several operators?
- What does the Swedish Transport Administration claim concretely when areas with a reindeer husbandry right are expropriated with the support of a railway plan or road plan (on behalf of the Swedish Transport Administration)?
- In the light of the EU's framework water directive, is it compatible with the legal provisions to retain individual (small) drains, and are there administrative legal obstacles to the enforcement of established environmental goals regarding good water quality/good status?
How does it happen?
The work is carried out in such a way that the students, in consultation with the examiner, choose a subject to delve into. The choice of subject takes place well before the course starts and based on the part or parts of the master's education that the student found particularly interesting to study in more detail. Supervision takes place both individually between student and supervisor, as well as in the entire master's group.
What is required of the client?
- A problem statement (in Swedish or English).
- Wished result
- A contact person. The contact person at the company needs to be familiar with the problem and genuinely interested in the assignment.
- Attend meetings when needed. The number of meetings varies, roughly count with 3-4 meetings and preferably a visit for the students to the workplace.
The text approved yy-mm-dd by NN, course manager 20yy.