With perhaps the largest investment in Swedish industry, SEK 400 billion over 20 years, LKAB will switch from today's pellet production to a completely carbon dioxide-free process for the production of iron fungus by 2045. They will save 35,000,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions from customers. This corresponds to one third of Sweden's territorial emissions. At the same time, LKAB will start extracting phosphorus and rare earth metals from its waste streams.
- What does the investment mean?
- What are the technical and financial challenges?
- What new and better interaction is required between business and politics?
- Jan Moström, President and CEO, LKAB
- Pierre Heeroma, Director of Exploration, Strategy and Business Development, LKAB
- Grete Solvang-Stoltz, Director of HR and Sustainability, LKAB
Moderator: Pär Weihed, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Luleå University of Technology
Welcome to a webinar arranged by IVA Nord, IVA's Näringslivsråd, LKAB and Luleå University of Technology.