- Self-managed or external computer with Mac OS
- Connected to a network on an LTU campus or via VPN
- Click on the desktop so no window is active and select Go in the menu bar, select Connect to server
- Type or paste:
For home directory: smb: //ltufs.ltuad.ltu.se/Staff/angebruarnam
For common: smb: //ltufs.ltuad.ltu.se/common
Click plus to add the server to the list of favorites, select the one you want to connect to and click Connect, you will need to login with your LTU user name and password.
The SMB protocol in MacOS has a bug that sometimes freezes the computer when an SMB device is connected, to avoid it and to access yesterday's backup in the yesterday folder on your home directory, we recommend you make the add-on below:
- Open Spotlight, ie the magnifying glass at the top right. Type Terminal in the box and press Enter
- Type sudo touch /etc/nsmb.conf
Enter your Mac password
- Type sudo nano /etc/nsmb.conf
- In the box that appears, type:
signing_required = no
file_ids_off = yes
Press ctrl + X to exit, press Y to save the file and Enter to accept it.
- Restart the computer
On LTU-managed computers, you get the amendment automatically.