Access via Finder
- Click on the Finder icon in the toolbar.
- Hold the cmd key and press the k key.
- In the dialogue box Connect to Server, enter the server address in the text field.
- Click the plus button to the right of the text field to save the server address as a favorite.
- Click on the Connect button.
Access via Automator
- Search for the program Automator.
- Launch Automator in OS X and create a new Application.
- Drag Get Specified Server from the action list into the box on the right. Click the Add button and enter the network address in the text field. Click OK.
- Drag Connect to Server from the Action list into the feed box to the right.
- Click on Run in the keypad upper right of the application. Log on to the network device to make sure it works, choose to save the credentials.
- Save the Automator feed by clicking File located in the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and rename the file, for example Automatic Mount of network drive [server name]. Save it somewhere where it is easy to find, for example in the Documents folder.
- Create an automatic start by putting the file in the Mac automatic start-up. Do this by clicking on the drop-down menu at the top of the screen, click on the Apple menu, then System Preferences. In the box with icons, click Users & Groups.
- Choose your own user account if there are several on the list.
- Click Login Items.
- Click the plus button under the list and select the file you created in Automator. Click Add.