- Be careful with emails from unknown senders
- Be careful with attachments and links in emails, even from people you are familiar with
- If you receive a suspected scam, phishing, spam or fraud via email, report by following the instructions below.
You should constantly help protect our IT environment and email.
Report in Email Client or Webmail
If you have received an email that you believe is an attempted phishing for your login and password, attempted fraud or spam, you can report
the email directly in your Email client or webmail.
See links with guides below for students and staff.
2. If it is an obvious attempt at fraud, which almost succeeded
- Report to IT as below
- Select the message you want to report, but do not open it
- Then click More on the Start tab (Home) in the menu bar at the top of Outlook, next to Forward.
- Select Forward as attachment
- Enter the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org as the addressee.
- Click Submit . Now a case is created for IT.