How to publish a licentiate and doctoral thesis
1. For electronically publishing:
You have to register your thesis in the publications database DiVA eight weeks before the disputation. If you include previously published articles in your dissertation, make sure these can be made available as full-text. If you are unsure, contact the publisher.
- Register the thesis in the publications database DiVA (don't upload a pdf-file)
- The library adds the ISBN in the DiVA post.
- The doctoral student picks up the ISBN from DiVA and fills in the ISBN in the order form
Link to the form
- The printing office delivers the pdf-file to the library.
- The library uploads the pdf file in DiVA.
2. Posting of doctoral thesis (not applicable for licentiat thesis)
The posting has to be done at least three weeks before the public defence. It is a ceremony where the printed thesis is nailed onto a log in the library entrance. This can be done by you, someone you choose, or by the library.
The library will provide you with your thesis, as well as a hammer and nails. We will serve you some sweets as a mark of this special occasion. If you prefer, bring your colleagues, family and friends. A few words about the thesis from you or your supervisor will be appreciated.
Please contact the library in order to schedule the date. Please use the form provided below.