Solve a Problem with a Company
Demola offers you as a university student a unique opportunity to make a difference. Work in a team with students who complement your skills solving real problems together with a company. And yep, you own the ideas and results from your work.
- Close collaboration with your partner company
- Make an impact in the real world
- Work with students from different fields
- Own the ideas and results
- University credits: 7.5 hp/etcs
- If the partner company licenses your results you'll get some cash as well
Working with Real Cases
Demola teams work on real-life cases together with partner companies to, for example, create and refine business concepts or develop new products and services. We believe that students from all disciplines can contribute.
Demola is a lot of fun but it will require much of you. Your skills will be tested and challenged, but you will also gain invaluable experiences, insights and new contacts and friends. Maybe you will also find your future career.
The cases for fall 2018 are:
Piteå Tidningen - New ways of media
YouCall Sverige - The power of the employees
CryptoGuard - Help a small company grow
Kolektivet - Charcoal possibilities
Hermelinen - Improvning the patient experence
Utblick Tornedalen - Creating memories
Kuukkolaforsen - The winter tourist
Woodart - New small cottage concepts
Who Can Participate?
All students at Luleå University of Technology can apply for Demola and because we are looking for variety it doesn’t matter which program you are studying or what year you’re in. Demola’s engine is the talent, expertise and ideas that students with different backgrounds have and share. In addition to your skills, your team will also be supported by dedicated facilitators to help you move forward.
How Do I Apply for Fall 2018?
To participate in Demola you apply at http://northsweden.demola.net before midnight Sunday the 3rd of June.
You don’t have to apply separately to the course on ansokan.se, your application through our website is enough.
By the 8th of June we'll have gone through your wishes and put together teams that we believe will do a great job together. By then we'll also let you know what team you'll belong to.
Timeline Fall 2018
Demola runs on quarter-speed lp1 and 2. The date for the Kick-off is set, the others are preliminary and will be decided within the group.
- Thursday, 13th of Sep, Kick-off, 13.00-15:30, D2214
- Thursday, 20th of Sep, End-user workshop, 12:00-17:00, D2214
- Thursday, 11th of Oct, JAM 1, 12:00-17:00, D2214
- Thursday, 18th of Oct, Value Creation Workshop, 12:00-17:00, D2214
- Thursday, 8th of Nov, JAM 2, 12:00-17:00, D2214
- Tuesday, 20th of Nov, Mid-Pitching Event, 14:00-17:00, Aurorum 1C
- Friday, 14th of Dec, Final Pitch & Graduation, 10:00-13:00, Aurorum 1C
Demola is run by LTU Business as a part of a regional development project financed by Luleå University of Technology, Längmanska företagarfonden, Norrbotten County Council, County Administrative Board of Norrbotten and the European Regional Development Fund.