– We visited four cities and around 30 companies in two weeks. It was an incredibly intensive schedule, but I have a lot of interest in business development, tech and innovation, so it was very inspiring.
Can you tell me more about what you did during your trip?
– We started the trip at OnePlus in Shenzhen. Carl Pei, CEO of OnePlus, invited us to their factory. We also visited Huaqiaeng Bei, which is the world's largest electronics market with 20 buildings of 8-16 floors. At the China Europé International Business School we received a lecture by Bala Ramassmyen, Professor of Economics, and an insight into what challenges China faces. We also visited Tencent.
What made the biggest impression on you?
– I knew little about China before and realized that we need to pay attention to and understand what is happening in the country. They have so much technology involved in their daily lives and have created innovative solutions to improve human everyday life, such as the Wechat app.
– Something I also noticed was how fast everything goes. A new skyscraper is built every fifth day, it says a lot. We were listening to a debate between a Chinese, a Korean, a Japan and a robot. AI development is really on the rise in China and already governs large parts of Chinese society today.
Is there anything else you want to tell?
– I urge everyone to search for next year's program. November 23, I and some other Explore China participants will talk about Chinese innovations, ad what is actually happening in China based on our perspective and our participation in the program.