- Bachelor in Commerce (2000), Delhi University. (Focus on business administration and management)
- Advance Diploma in Computer Applications (2000), Ministry of Communication & Information Technology. (Focus on management of information technology)
- Master of Business Administration with specialization in Electronic Commerce (2005), Luleå University of Technology. (Focus on business administration, marketing, management and e-commerce)
- Technology Licentiate (2008) and PhD in Entrepreneurship (2010), Luleå University of Technology. (Focus on organizational capabilities for competitiveness in high-tech industry)
He has been in short research visit to Stanford University (2008; 2009), National University of Singapore (2009) and Indian Institute of Science (2011). He has worked as a visiting research/professor at School of Business and Economics at Linnaeus University and Department of Management at University of Vaasa.
- Servitization and advanced service innovation
- Business model innovation
- Digitalization of industrial ecosystems
- Circular economy and sustainable product service-system
- Organizational capabilities
- Entrepreneurial orientation and innovation in SMEs and new ventures
The research work involves cooperation with large companies like Volvo Construction Equipment, Ericsson, Sandvik Coromant, Billerudkorsnäs, SCA, Volvo Cars, ABB, Metso, Komatsu Forest, Lindbäcks, Gestamp HardTech and Boliden. Supporting development of new ventures and SMEs from manufacturing and high-tech industry. Providing expert knowledge on research topics to large industry networks like Automation Region, IUC, ALMI and LTU Business.
The research results has been published in 200+ leading international peer-reviewed journals, conferences, book chapters and industry/popular publications. Such as Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management Studies, Long Range Planning, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research International Journal of Production Economics, Production and Operation Management, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, Journal of Small Business Management and Journal of Cleaner Production. He is active within different academic communities and has presented research results in well-known international conferences, such as Babson College Enterprise Research Conference, Research in Entrepreneurship and Small Business (RENT), The Annual ICSB World Conference, International Conference on Management of Technology (IAMOT), International Product Development Management Conference, and CRIP IPSS conference. In addition, he has several publications in practitioner-oriented publications, such as Ericsson Business Review, Management of Innovation and Technology, innovationmanagement.se, and others.
Associate editor of Journal of Business Research (2018-). Editorial Review Board Member of Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Small Business Management, and Journal of Business Research. He has been special issue guest editor for Journal of Business Research (2019), Sustainability- An Open Access Journal from MDPI (2018), and International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal (2018). He has also been working in several policy and consultancy oriented projects for Swedish IT Ministry, EU Commission, VINNOVA, Growth Analysis, and directly towards companies.
Teaching and Supervision
Involved in teaching courses and supervising theses at the bachelor, master and PhD level. His teaching interests include; strategic business development, technology and innovation management, international entrepreneurship, scientific methods and advanced project management. Has been active in executive education on topics like innovation and development processes. He is supervisor to several PhD students.
- Lina Sundén
- Anmar Kamalaldin
- Angelica Löfberg
- Wiebke Reim (2018)
- Nerine Mary George (2018)
- Fabio Gama (2018)
- Alessandro Annarelli (2018)
- Sambit Lenka (2018)
- Tuomas Huikkola (2017)
- Johan Wenngren (2016)
- Javier Cenamor (2015)
- Johanna Wallin (2013)