The ScAEIM2016 Conference program is arranged over three days with a pre-program in Kiruna.
Nov 25-26, Friday-Saturday
An opportunity to explore space innovation with the space cluster at LTU Campus Kiruna.
Nov 28, Monday
- The first (arrival day) was since Aalto conference dedicated to PhD students in the form of the Arctic PhD Workshop (3 ECTS), which welcomes PhD Candidates in the Nordic countries to participate.
- NEW 2016: The Head of Department Summit is an exclusive discussion forum for experience sharing about the challenges that Faculties of Technology departments in the Nordic countries are facing.
- The IEM Study Program Directors' Meeting (discussions/workshop for program coordinators, student counsellors and others involved in master program development etc), 14.30-17.00. Conference room A1123 Multistudion. Follow signs from Entrance A1. Refreshments 15.30-16.00.
- Special opportunity 2016: The International Conference MPMM 2016.
- A few other parallel meetings and seminars arranged by ScAIEM participants.
- The ScAIEM2016 conference starts with Welcome Reception Dinner Monday evening at Ormberget Winter Sports Area.
Nov 29-30, Tuesday-Wednesday
- Starts with Welcome note on Tuesday morning.
- Is organized with keynote speaker plenary session and workshop breakout sessions, with introductory panelists from the Nordic countries, in the three tracks:
- Teaching & Education in IEM (including innovation and design management) areas.
- Research in Industrial Engineering and Management (and adjacent fields).
- PhD studies.
- Conference dinner at the Clarion Sense award-winning design hotel Tuesday evening.
- Ends with a farewell lunch on Wednesday Nov 30 in time to catch early afternoon flights.
The first Nordic conference was held in 2013 at Lund University (LU), Sweden, the second in 2014 at Aalto University, Finland, and last year’s conference in 2015 at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
Swedish national IEM conferences were arranged since 2009; the first held at Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), the second in 2010 at Chalmers, the third in 2011 at Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), and the fourth in 2012 at Linköping University (LiU). ScAIEM was also founded with its first General Assembly Meeting at the LiU conference.