During one day, companies in the natural resources industry and representatives from Public Administration in northern Sweden met to elaborate on what services they can offer, what target groups they can have and what the financing can look like.
Satu Välijärvi, project manager at Oulu University of Applied Sciences, started by giving a lecture on Service Design, definition and models.
-– It is a method for improving service, business concept and activities, but also a model for idea development and planning, she says.
The purpose of Nordic NaBS is to develop models for collaboration between companies in the natural resources industry and actors in social, educational and healthcare and health care activities. The participants were also given the opportunity to gather and share experiences and their expertise.
There were many engaged discussions during the workshop.
Marie Brunell, who is a trained occupational therapist, wants to build a nature house in Persön outside Luleå, where she lives.
– I plan to start with garden rehabilitation and during the winter you can take advantage of what is grown. I have taken a course at Alnarp in environmental psychology.
The goal for her is to get into early rehabilitation of people with fatigue syndrome.
Jörgen Lindqvist runs Skatan's farm.
– I feel good on the farm and the idea is that it I can use it fro business and others can feel good on it too, he says.
He is curious about the project Nordic NaBS and what it can give him.
– From this day, I bring with me the discussions on how to make a product or service that I can offer and what target group I should have and also where the income is.
He has thoughts of addressing, among other things, children with special needs.
– I believe in green care, he says.
More workshops will be held in the project.
– At the next workshop, we will work to match the services that the companies provide to the needs of clients and the actors in the public sector. In January 2020, we will then start piloting some of the companies, says Päivi Juuso.