Research areas and interests
I have a broad interest in education science with a particular emhasis on Swedish didactic issues. I have been engaged in various areas of the didactics of literature in relation to media and youth culture; and also language and literature education as it relates to national curriculum. A particular interest is directed towards considering fan communities and other social media as literary venues and rooms for negotiation and re-negotiation of norms, values and identity.
I presented my doctoral thesis titled Växelspel med förhinder: Skärningspunkter i verksamhetsförlagd svensklärarutbildning. The thesis highlights the way educational institutions express themselves on the issue of work placement, in the subject Swedish.
For a couple of years I was the editor of the Swedish Teachers' Association's yearbook where the focus has been on new research relevant to school and Swedish subject.
Research interests: (Social) Media and Cultural Studies: rooms / places / expression and storytelling, literature didactics, intersectionality, ideology and power, curriculum theory and university pedagogy.
För närvarande arbetar jag med följande projekt:
· Lecturer in Swedish with a didactic approach, Luleå University 2013
Ledamot anställningsnämnden 2018-
· Education Coordinator for the area of Educational Science and Humanities, Luleå University 40% 2014-2016.
· Guest researcher / guest teacher at Jönköping 20% 2013-2018.
· Higher Educational Developer, Luleå University 50% 2013- 2014
· Doctoral Student, Swedish didactics, Luleå University of Technology 2008-2013. Dissertation maj 2013.
· Lecturer in Swedish, Luleå University of Technology 2003-2008
· Teacher in Swedish, upper secondary school 1999-2003
· Teacher in Swedish, Komvux 1997-1999