- It feels great! This is a confirmation that you have chosen correctly, says Kristin Danielsson.
Distributed annually since 1963
Since 1963, the county council Dalarna has shared a cultural prize awarded to one or more people born in the county, or in the county, in other ways linked people in the field of literature, art, music, research or other comparable areas. This year the choice fell on Kristin Danielsson, together with three other young cultural creators. The motivation emphasizes Christ's progress, strong will and job satisfaction.
She believes that her constant pursuit of development is what makes her a good attribute maker.
- I think my persistence is very helpful and I have the will to learn more. I'm eager to test myself and it will sometimes be frustrating when I meet new methods or materials that I can not or understand. I want to know everything!
The prize money of SEK 10,000 will be used by Kristin Danielsson for her upcoming graduation work that she will do together with the classmate Beatrice Gomér.
Why are you reading attribute maker?
- I have always loved movies and have always wanted to know how everything is created in movies. Before I started training, I watched a lot behind the scenes movies and thought that "I want to do that!" I think it's so fascinating how to get one thing to work so trustworthy even though it's not real. I also want that what I create will come to some form of use. So if I would get a job to do a museum, I know that what I have done would be used for both the learning and the experience for the spectators.
What's the most fun with the education?
- That it is very practical work with many new and different materials. Also, we can test on many different technologies, both new and old. What is also a big advantage is that we get to practice, which gives us the opportunity to create new contacts and get to know the profession, which gives us an easier way to work after the education.
How is it to study at Luleå University of Technology?
- I think it's good. I enjoy school and student associations make it very pleasant and welcome to be here. I rarely feel I do not want to go to school.
Do you have any tips for anyone who wants to study prop maker?
- Dare to test yourself and ask questions. Whether you are a professional or a beginner, there is always something new to learn. Be persistent and dare to test new ways.