About us - IMP
We strive to be a national leader and an internationally recognized research, education and innovation environment for the development of processes and products that contribute to sustainable development. We will provide training which results in engineers that are attractive and highly ranked in the labor market and who are in important positions throughout the world. Here you will find unique collaborative environments and facilities.
Minerals and Metals Research Centre Laboratory
- Efficient and energy-efficient extraction of mineral and metal products from primary and secondary raw materials
- Mineral Technologies for the enrichment, geometallurgi, iron and steel production, extraction of non-ferrous metals
Thin Films and Surface Science Laboratory
- Advanced equipment for basic characterization of thin films of zeolites and lubricants, and mineral surfaces
- Sustainable use of resources, materials science and mining engineering and metallurgy
Green Technology Laboratory
- Sustainable production of fuels, renewable materials / chemicals from woody biomass
- Biorefinery technology - from lab through innovation / pilot scale to full scale by unique laboratorie-facilities
We offer Engineering program Industrial Environmental and Process Technology - New technologies, new materials and new processes for the sustainable supply of raw materials and resource utilization.
We are part of several research and innovation environments in energy: Energy Technology Centre / Solander Science Park, Ethanol Pilot, Övik, gasification pilot, DME-pilot, etc.
We are heavily involved in major research programs: Bio4Energy, Camm and HLRC.
VR, Formas, SSF, VINNOVA, KAW, Boliden Mineral, LKAB, MII, Energy Agency, SIDA, the Kempe Foundations, Camm and Bio4Energy.
Strong collaboration with industry
LKAB, Boliden AB, MII, Pihlajasaari smeltverket, Smurfit Kappa, ETC, Chemrec, SEKAB, Domsjö, Processum Biorefinery AB.