Within Attract developed several sectoral goods and services, in collaboration between businesses, LTU, Gällivare and Kiruna and with new methods of citizen participation. Vinnova funded project with 10 million and HLRC (LKAB) is funding the project with 7 million. Including corporate financing, total project budget to just over 23 million.
Output from two prospective blocks in Gällivare and Kiruna, addressing the parties needs of current attractive housing in cold climates such as:
- to produce attractive low-energy industrial fulfilling the EU directive "almost zero energy homes" despite subarctic (cold) climate
- to energy supply sustainable buildings, with a combination of remote and locally produced electricity and heat (solar, wind, biomass, etc.)
- to develop and integrate new sustainable technologies with existing systems
- To design an attractive outdoor environment in the city that sustainable can handle snow, snowmelt and heavy rainfall
- To design the outdoor environment so that they encourage neighboring community despite the cold climate