On ICED 07, a group of researchers realized that they had common interests in Design Observation and how to conduct observation in a Design Observatory. They realized that there was some form of network to exchange experiences to improve research in the area.
Participants in the network are researchers from, among others, Luleå, Grenoble, Bath, Stanford, Zagreb and Turin.
Since the new lab DEPICT opened in 2107, the project has gained renewed interest and several guest researchers have visited LTU from the various partners.
Doctoral student workshops and courses
- PhD workshop "Luleå Experiment", Luleå, November 17-21, 2008
- Doctoral Course on Design Observation, Grenoble, July 5-9, 2010
- Doctoral Course on Design Observation, Grenoble, July 9-13. 2012
- 2019 Fanika Lukačević, Zagreb University
- 2018-2019 Alessandro Mazza och Samuele, Colobo, Turin
- 2017-2018 Tomislav Martinec, Zagreb University
- 2017-2018 Alessandro Laspia, University of Turin
- 2008-2009 Malte Jung, Stanford University, Center for Design Research.
- 2008-2009 Neeray Sonalkar, Stanford University, Center for Design Research.
- Workshop Luleå May 25, 2018.
- Workshop at ICED 2009, Stanford USA, August 26, 2009.
- Hicks, B, McAlpine, H, Blanco, E, Cantamessa, M, Montagna, F, Storga, M & Törlind, P 2009, 'An intelligent design environment: overcoming fundamental barriers to realizing a step change in design performance and innovation?' , Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Engineering Design, Stanford, California, USA 24-27 Aug 2009, Design Society.
- Törlind, P, Sonalkar, N, Bergström, M, Blanco, E, Hicks, B & McAlpine, H 2009, 'Lessons learned and future challenges for design observatory research', Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Engineering Design, Stanford, California , USA 24-27 Aug 2009, Design Society.
- Hicks, B, McAlpine, H, Törlind, P, Storga, M, Dong, A & Blanco, E 2008, 'The Issues and Benefits of an Intelligent Design Observatory', Proceedings of the Design 2008: 10th International Design Conference, May 19 -22, 2008, Dubrovnik, Croatia, University of Zagreb.