Place: Career Center, C923
Oct 11: Career Planning Lecture
- Learn about career styles, the labour market, transferrable skills, and what employers expect in the workforce.
Oct 18: Goal-Setting Workshop
- This workshop will help you to set objectives for your brand, examining both short and long-term goals.
Oct 25: CV Writing when Applying to Industry
- In this lecture, you will learn what to include (and not include) in your CV and how to get noticed by recruiters.
Nov 8: Conquering the Cover Letter
- Get a breakdown of what you should include in your cover letter to market your skills with purpose.
Nov 15: Getting Started with LinkedIn
- Focus on how to build your LinkedIn profile to market yourself in an effective way.
Nov 22: Interview Like a Pro
- Learn what to prepare and how to handle various interview questions as well as what to ask the recruiter.
Nov 29: Perfecting your Elevator Pitch
- In this workshop, you will learn how to articulate yourself in various situations and have the opportunity to practice your pitch.
Dec 6: Plan your Research Funding
- In this lecture, you will learn how to plan your research career with regard to funding opportunities.